Tuesday 9 October 2007

Shaggy Mushrooms


With all the wet weather and leaves falling from the tress, we're well into mushroom season. On the way to work today I was delighted to discover a Shaggy Parasol the size of a dinner plate on Leigh Hill. After a bit of research to confirm the find, I also discovered that these are not quite so tasty as the normal parasol but I still plan on having it stuffed with garlic breadcrumbs with Rosie tomorrow night.



As if this wasn't enough, on the way home I also found some Shaggy Inkcaps on Leigh Hill, which definately are good eating. I shall be having those with Mum this evening as they won't keep. Dad refuses to try them as he won't trust anything that's not bought in the shops. Although he's right to be wary, these mushrooms are so easy to identify correctly he's just being silly...

1 comment:

Lucidez a.k.a Teapot said...

Allow me to congratulate you on the great photos!I do envy your exploratory journeys..fresh and refreshing site.Maybe now I'll be able to learn to distinguish different species of vegies :)