Saturday 15 September 2007

Tomatoes doing good - at last!


Well at last my tomatoes have come good! (at leat those that survived) I've had sweet juicy cherry Gardeners Delight in my lunch box every day this week, with these Harbringers (above) ripenening up quickly too. I think it's all the dry weather doing them good. I've had to do a lot of watering lately though, seems very dry for September after such a wet July.

We've also been eating loads of runner beans lately too. Definately the biggest success so far, theres some to pick almost every day!


The bad news is that I'm fearing the worst for my Broccoli, which have been completely descimated by baby slugs. The Sprouts are hanging on in. Time will tell.

2 comments:

She Who Digs said...

Congratulations on getting an allotment and I'm glad to see that your tomatoes have survived after you feared the worst a few weeks back! SWD

Matron said...

Hang on in there with your brassicas mate! If the truth be told.. I don't actually publish photos of my garden disasters but all is not lost with your fish-net brassicas! They will recover given TLC and time, provided you pinch off all the critters and look after them.